Below you can see damage done to wiring as a result of the wire not being securely connected to a terminal. Appliances which use heat carry a lot of current and if the wire hasn’t been correctly connected the electric current arcs across to the terminal, causing a spark. This was bad news for the insulation on the wiring which caught fire momentarily and melted. Sometimes it doesn’t stop at the melting and ignites nearby insulation or other flammable material, causing a fire. Its the reason your mum or dad always said ‘don’t go out and leave the dryer/dishwasher on’.
The failure of this terminal and the resultant wiring burn meant the appliance had to be written off.
Never do electrical work yourself. Get a qualified technician and ensure you and your family are the safest they can be. Call us on 36301611 to make an appointment to have a technician visit or enquire about our workshop rates.